Only thing you need in home is flours. Hope you all try this recipe....Enjoy !!
1 Cup Jowar flour
1/2 cup Wheat flour
1/4 cup Gram flour (Besan)
2 Tsp Rice flour
1 Tsp Carom seeds ( ओवा , अज्वैन )
2-3 small Garlic cloves crushed
2 Tsp Sesame seeds or more ( Seeds will appear nice on the parathas also adds up Calcium to our food )
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves ( optional)
Red chilli powder to taste
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder ( or as per your test of how much yellow color)
1/2 Tsp sugar ( optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add all the flours,salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,crushed garlic ( you can crush them on kitchen platform no need to have paste),Carom seeds,sesame seeds,coriander leaves,sugar.
- Mix well with hands. So that salt,turmeric,red chilli powder,garlic gets applied to flours properly.
- Taste the mixture and add the required ingredients as per your taste accordingly.
- Add lukewarm water slowly. Be very careful and avoid putting excess water. Knead the flour well. The way you will need for Jowar roti; pushing Dough back and forth :)
- The consistency should be little tight but not so much tight that you can not roll the parathas well.
- Because of the Jowar flour it might be little difficult while rolling. So dust little bit of Jowar flour on the surface where you are going to roll. Take enough amount of dough and roll into a medium thick paratha.
- Make sure paratha is easily being able to lift otherwise it may get broken ( due to Jowar flour in the Dough).
- Once ready, transfer it to heated Tava. Once, one side is roasted well,sprinkle little oil from the side. Flip the paratha. Roast the other side well.
Serve hot with tangy pickle, Ghee, Butter, nice salad to go along with.
Note: These parathas even tastes good when they are cold or prepared earlier night. have them cold with Ghee. Yummy they taste :)